Welcome to GEM Earthquake Consequences Database
This is the home page of the GEMECD web interface. This web site is designed for the partners to inspect, create and maintain data in the GEMECD database. The data can be viewed by everyone including the public, but only the partner who created the data is able to edit it.
Documentation is available as follows:
- GEMECD Web Interface Guide gives instructions on how to use this web site for inputting data.
- The GEMECD Database Specification gives a description of how the database is structured along with its formal definition. It is essential reading for anyone entering anything other than the simplest data and anyone writing XML input files or Excel macros
- The GEMECD Ground shaking building damage macro Read Me is useful if you plan to write your own Excel macros for creating XML upload files
- Rough Guide to Boundary Georeferencing for GEMECD Database
- Database and field schema generated live from the field definition file. This gives the mapping from field name in the web interface to the field name in the database along with a definition of the database field and any foreign key (look-up) relationships.
- Models.py file database schema as a file suitable for Django, generated live from the field definition file.
- Interactive entity relationship diagram for the core schema of GEMECD (HTML5 - needs IE9/Firefox/Safari/Chrome). This is essential reading for anyone writing queries to extract data from the database
- GEM Building Taxonomy V2.0 spreadsheets: List of Taxonomy attribute types and their support in GEMECD, Dictionary of Taxonomy attribute values
- The Study and sub-event field comparison table gives a comparative view of the data that can be entered at study and sub-event level and may be helpful for deciding the best strategy for storing "overview" data in the database.
Some other development resources are available on this site: